Tuesday, March 7, 2017

CATCH UP on THE LATEST NEWS from June - Christmas 2016 ;)

SPECIAL DELIVERY FROM MY TUMBLR PAGE...
I mean 💁🏽What else would I post? ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY SEASON! From SJ & THREADER24 RACING. #sidewayzon2s 🎊 #twofour #SJharris #happyholidays #24
Before I left I had to check out the Int'l Motorcycle Show and the 17’ GSXR 1000 with all of it'Z bellZ🔔’s & 📣HornZ😏. #Gsxrgirl #gsxr1000 #gsxr #howsitlookonme #zuklife #racergirl 💗 (at IMS @ Long Beach Convention Center)
About Tumblr Ads
This past weekend WE RODE for all those who have won the battle, who continue to fight and for our loved ones who lost the battle against breast cancer ALL BECAUSE #cancersucks #GWEN #NANCY #Ridinpretty #womenwhoride #makeitcount #rideurbike #sj24 #threader24
💥SAT. OCT. 29th 2016💥 COME ON OUT TO @crosscountrycycle in Metuchen, NJ ⏰11am-3pm to witness HUNDREDS of BEAUTIFUL WOMEN on 2-wheels. Lisa Jackson’s - Fearless Events in conjunction w/ @blackgirlsride PRESENTS: 🙌🏽 BEAUTIFUL BIKERS DAY for the 1st time on the East Coast. SPECIAL GUESTs INCLUDE:💥@porschetaylor founder of BLACK GIRLS RIDE Magazine and THE ANNUAL WEST COAST @beautifulbikers CONFERENCE. 💥Diane Ortiz owner of NY’s Big Apple Motorcycle School will be presenting and of course 💥ME😊, Joi “SJ” Harris/SJ#24 motorcycle road racer and owner operator of Threader24 Racing. COME ON OUT and enjoy the day RAIN OR SHINE we will be there I can’t wait to meet you.
🙌🏽SPECIAL GUEST 👉🏽SJ HARRIS‼️
BEAUTIFUL BIKERS DAY is here on the EAST COAST. All are welcome LADIES & GENTLEMEN I cant wait to meet you there. #beautifulbikers 10/29/16.
😮WHERE: Cross Country Cycle, Metuchen, NJ 
🗓WHEN: Sat. October 29, 2016
⏰TIME: 11am - 3pm (details below)
✨To receive a special coupon for 20% off on any one part, accessory, or apparel REGISTER HERE: 👉🏽https://www.eventbrite.com/e/beautiful-bikers-day-east-coast-tickets-27507812608 
This coupon can only be used during this event. For more information email: fearlesseventsnj@gmail.com (at Cross Country Cycle)
🙌🏾 “TERRAINS MAY CHANGE BUT THE RACE REMAINS THE SAME.” - SJ#24 #quotethat😉 #stayfocused w/#threader24 Happy to be back on track w/the @absolutecycle #trusportbike track family #markbiltracebikes #vortexracing #motodracing #nexxnorthamerica #ccsracing #blackgirlsride w/#sjharris24
It’s about that time…Withdrawal is setting in time to #sidewayZon2s again…🤔hmmmm… DAYTONA for the 1st time💭 CAUSE
WEEKEND RECAP: 1st time back at @virnow since becoming a racer. I CAME, I RACED, I LEARNED how to beat up on my racer buddies next season @virnow RECON AT ITz FINEST😈. Thanks to #ccsracing for always putting on a great event. @absolutecycle #trusportbike for making this weekend happen for me. NO WOOD😏BUT I STILL FEEL GOOD🙈#racervocabulary you #dirtybirds It was a pleasure seeing all of my #friendZ @palentinopossi and especially meeting some new ones @megzmeggah. There you have it folks a complete race weekend recap #sjzstyle😉. BACKED BY: #nexxnorthamerica #vortexracing #armourbodies #blackgirlsride #threader24 #motodracing #markbiltracebikes
ZERO’D IN… Would you run from me if I looked at you this way? #comehere😈 #nexxnorthamerica #helmets for life. #winningwomen #roadracers #womenwhorace #blackgirlsride #24 📢 MY NEXT CCS RACE EVENT: SEPT. 17-18 @VIR located in Alton, Virginia w/@absolutecycle & @trusportbike 📢MY NEXT GUEST APPEARANCE WILL BE BEAUTIFUL‼️ You know why? #BEAUTIFULBIKERS IS COMING TO NJ‼️SATURDAY OCTOBER 29th 2016 from 11am - 3pm at Cross Country Cycles located in Metuchen, NJ. ALL RIDERS ARE WELCOME! I will have Tees and raffles for you ladies and gents. COME ON OUT!
💥NEXT RACE WEEKEND: Sept 17-18 at @virnow with @ccsracingus. Catch “TRIGGER” and I on the UltraLight Weight grids with #absolutecycle & #trusportbike #gettingitin #sidewayzon2s w/#sjharris #twofour #ccsracing #womenwhorace (at Brooklyn, New York)
On Labor Day w/#motogirlgt & @speedmob as we successfully completed another 4hr endurance race w/NJ MiniGP.
As always, to @evolvegt1 MOTOGIRLGT coordinator👉🏽 Angela Izzo-Sink, thanks for putting together a team for women riders to feel at home with. #speedmob #racergirls #womenwhorace #blackgirlsride #minismakeussmile #weride #sidewayzon2s
About Tumblr Ads
Look at what I found while looking through @etechphoto on the @ccsracingus website - CAN YOU FIND THE REST OF ME?😜 #sjsidewayZ #literally #changingfaces #2pipes #ninjagirl #ontrack #sidewayZon2s
SO YOU WANNA RIDE A MOTORCYCLE?
REFLECTIVE: So you want to ride a motorcycle? Oh you want to be a racer huh? ARE YOU READY?
It’s fun, it’s probably the most exhilarating thing you will ever experience. THE RUSH, THE EXCITEMENT of everything, the FELLOW RIDERS you meet on your ADVENTURES and TRIPS. The TRACK FAMILY, the CAMARADERIE, the CHALLENGES, the RACING, the ADRENALINE PUMP, just the plain DAMN FUN of it all.
Then there’s THE LOSS of friends that may or may not agree w/your choices, the DETACHMENT from family that may or may not exist to support you, the LOSS of close rider friends that used to ride w/you but no longer hang because they secretly envy you actually accomplishing what you set out to do whatever it is. There’s the LOSS of fellow racers/riders that succumb to injuries/accidents suffered - WE FEEL THAT LOSS, so closely within ourselves. WE KNOW OUR PAIN WE KNOW OUR HURT. Though we may not know one another personally WE FEEL the LOSS. It can be so heavy at times, and so damn scary that it’s just as easy to accept because WE ALL KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO THROW A LEG OVER. WE ALL FEEL AND we all THINK about IT.
We don’t speak of the thoughts that run through our heads, we don’t speak of the “what ifs” and the cheats we’ve had. We dear not speak of those thoughts. Thoughts like that have no room for what WE RACERS/RIDERS/ENTHUSIASTS DECIDE TO PARTAKE IN. Yet they exist.
This past weekend seemed to be filled with a ton of highs and lows, ups and downs, personally and around me. ALL MOST OF US ASK IS TO KNOW that WE ARE HAVING THE TIME OF OUR LIVES - LITERALLY. Most of us love the hell outta you and if you are still reading this you love us right back just as much.
So bare w/us WE LIVE OUR LIVES ON EDGE, ONE MPH,ONE SPLIT SECOND AT A TIME. 😘 ✌️#sidewayzon2s #threaderracing #twofour 🚴💨
NEVER FORGET YOUR SUPPORT SYSTEM: #LBracing “I TOLD YOU…” #ironwillracing “GET THAT KNEE DOWN SJ!” #absolutecycleexperience “SLOW DOWN TO GO FASTER 👊🏽” #markbiltracebikes “HAVE FUN” #blackgirlsride “WE LOVE YOU GIRL” #motogirlgt “YOU’VE GOT THIS #ycrs "RADIUS=MPH BREATHE SJ, CHEST DOWN” #sportbikesinc “JUST RIDE” #mybeenies “TEXAS ROADHOUSE?"😂That’s motivation✊🏽 #streetreams & #family "WE ARE PROUD OF YOU” #motodracing #nexxnorthamerica #vortexracing #armourbodies #threader24
“WHEN IN DOUBT, THROTTLE IT OUT"✊🏽 #ridelikeagirl😉 #Pinit #sidewayZon2s #sjharris #letsride #womensupportingwomen #mytshirtisbetterthanyours 😜
What’s on your head?
SJ is ON THE BOX AGAIN! This time with this little guy named “Trigger” and TPM’s USLB 300 CUP SERIES. Anyone interested in helping me travel to MORE of my races this season? Feel free to send a gift of any monetary value to my personal PayPal account button here at 👉www.threader24.com “THE JOURNEY” tab. I TRULY APPRECIATE YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT AND BELIEF IN THIS JOURNEY. See you from the next podium view. 😉
MEMORIAL DAY WKND. I was supposed to race at Summit Point w/CCS but decided to learn what it feels like to keep the THROTTLE WIDE OPEN IN THE TURNS IN NJ w/TRU-TPM & Yamaha Champions Riding School (YCRS).
Yes Patience is a virtue, but this #roadracing thing has me CRUSHING so badd… I can’t wait to get on track
popularmechanics.com
What It Takes To Turn an Ordinary Motorcycle Into a Racing Superbike
Biggest Fear: BEING THE SAME AZ EVERYBODY ELSE.
About Tumblr Ads
WHEN I FIRST STARTED…(Pt. 2)
💥 I CRASHED… I was face down and in motion on the concrete in a split second but was only going about 50/60 mph. CONCRETE HURTS, no matter how fast you hit it with your body. Whether you have 10 lbs of protective gear on or not, IT HURTS and THE GRASS is no better. OUCH! Crashes seem to hurt worse when you can actually hear your motorcycle scraping, dragging, and flipping on the ground while you’re experiencing the same thing. Even worse… The motorcycle was not mine.
The crash took place while following a coach into a left turn. I TUCKED the front wheel of the huge 02’ 750. It just went SPLATT SCRAPE, DRAG, FLIP and my little body felt like it went BOINK, SLIDE, TUMBLE, ROLL. After I stopped rolling and realized that I was still able to move (thank goodness) I managed to pick myself onto my feet and give the thumbs up to the corner worker while I waited for the ambulance and salvage truck to come and get us off the track.
Back at the pit, I shrugged it off hoping the bike was salvageable to finish out riding for the day. YES I still wanted to ride. Unfortunately the left foot peg had broken off as well as the fairing stay and the Clutch Lever so my track-day had ended for that weekend.
After 2 weeks, the bike was fixed and I was back at a track-day with a different organization, seeking to master that turn that took me out. IT WAS WAR 😈. Lol.
This particular track-day weekend was one of the most unforgettable days I’ve ever experienced on the track. On this particular day, one of the coaches crashed and succumbed to his injuries days later, HE DIED. Things became all to real at that point. I’ve lost close friends and family to riding motorcycles on the roads, I’ve seen a few gruesome accidents on the city streets involving motorcyclists. I mean, I had come to the race track to develop more riding skills to be safer on the street but realized, the risk of getting on a motorcycle at any point, anywhere, be it street or track doesn’t change. IT’S A HELL OF A RISK NO MATTER WHAT.
I decided that I would just develop my skills to ROAD RACE because I wasn’t giving up the ride. I felt that if I was at a risk no matter what, why not get faster in a safer environment? I LOVED SPEED. Everything was fast, as an athlete I was always quick. It was just natural, on the motorcycle it was easy to go fast and just as easy to lose my life going fast on the NYC streets. I thought it’d only be a matter of time before I went and caused myself a real problem. (SheZ a bit mischievous and a tad bit rebellious😉). We run less of a risk of getting hurt in a controlled environment such as a circuit/race track than we do on the open roads and city streets. The day that a teacher, a coach, a friend, lost his life at the track was the day I decided to LIVE mine.
THIS, IS HOW IT ALL STARTED FOR ME #sidewayZon2s
A SALUTE TO THE RACE WEEKEND!
TO THE RACE WEEKEND, WE SALUTE, FOR those in pain or recovering, FOR those who reached the box, FOR those who competed and completed and FOR those whose 1st time rocked… 👏👏👏 👊👍👌👈 WE DID IT😃 AND WE’LL DO IT AGAIN at the next RACE WEEKEND #sidewayZon2s (bought to you by #threader24 ’s friendly neighborhood racer girl - SJ w/a huge thanks to ASRA/CCS racing and NJ Mini GP. TO THE RACE WEEKEND, WE SALUTE!
WHEN I FIRST STARTED…(Pt. 1)
I was a passenger aka “a back-pack” aboard what became my very first motorcycle put on track, an 02′ Suzuki GSXR 750. I named him “BLUE BOY” even though I didn’t own it :P, it was mine when I threw my leg over it. 
As you can see, the tank was bigger than my entire torso and flipping that thing around on the track was NOT happening easily. On the street, the requirement was not as demanding, I rode in a straight line, stopped at a light or 2 or 22 (in NYC), made a turn hear and there and that was that. When I asked to put this thing on the track for a track-day…WHOOOOOOOOOOO WEEE, I JUST KNEW I WAS THE SUGAR and the HONEY in the ICED TEA (throat clearance). Until…
…BLUE BOY and I became one with concrete.
…WILL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT IT NEXT WEEK IN PART2 stay tuned.
#inthelid IJS it’s what I do…
PLEASE BE SURE TO SWEEP ALL WASTE OF THE BULL IN THE HUGE TRASH CAN LABLED “CHILE PLEASE” 
SO YOU WANT TO RIDE...
REFLECTIVE: So you want to ride a motorcycle? Oh you want to be a racer huh? ARE YOU READY?
It’s fun, it’s probably the most exhilarating thing you will ever experience. THE RUSH, THE EXCITEMENT of everything, the FELLOW RIDERS you meet on your ADVENTURES and TRIPS. The TRACK FAMILY, the CAMARADERIE, the CHALLENGES, the RACING, the ADRENALINE PUMP, just the plain DAMN FUN of it all.
Then there’s THE LOSS of friends that may or may not agree w/your choices, the DETACHMENT from family that may or may not exist to support you, the LOSS of close rider friends that used to ride w/you but no longer hang because they secretly envy you actually accomplishing what you set out to do whatever it is. There’s the LOSS of fellow racers/riders that succumb to injuries/accidents suffered - WE FEEL THAT LOSS, so closely within ourselves. WE KNOW OUR PAIN WE KNOW OUR HURT. Though we may not know one another personally WE FEEL the LOSS. It can be so heavy at times, and so damn scary that it’s just as easy to accept because WE ALL KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO THROW A LEG OVER. WE ALL FEEL AND we all THINK about IT.
We don’t speak of the thoughts that run through our heads, we don’t speak of the “what ifs” and the cheats we’ve had. We dear not speak of those thoughts. Thoughts like that have no room for what WE RACERS/RIDERS/ENTHUSIASTS DECIDE TO PARTAKE IN. Yet they exist.
This past weekend seemed to be filled with a ton of highs and lows, ups and downs, personally and around me. ALL MOST OF US ASK IS TO KNOW that WE ARE HAVING THE TIME OF OUR LIVES - LITERALLY. Most of us love the hell outta you and if you are still reading this you love us right back just as much.
So bare w/us WE LIVE OUR LIVES ON EDGE, ONE MPH,ONE SPLIT SECOND AT A TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment