Tuesday, March 14, 2017

THOUGHTS ON THE ROAD TO DAYTONA 2017


Finally I make this trek to Daytona International Speedway from NYC. I chose to make this trip on my own because I wasn't too sure at first that I was going but, "Later Stella (March 2017 Northeast Snowstorm) I'm blowing this joint"         Image result for daytona 200 2017
I've been driving for about 8.5 hrs now, and made a pit stop somewhere in NC. I lean back in my car seat, sleepy but thumbing away at this BLOG of mine. Do I share what's really going on in my head, or just talk about the start of my race season? The crazy thing about it is that I can't truly give you one thought without the other AND... ARE YOU EVEN INTERESTED?  


ARE YOU EVEN INTERESTED IN what's really going on in a racer's head? Well, just when you thought you weren't, I bet'cha you are now - THE THOUGHTS OF A RACER who happens to be a girl/woman.

- I AM NOT here to prove anything to you. YOU don't make a difference in whether or not I come in 1st, 2nd, or 23rd Place. 

- I AM A MOTORCYCLE ROAD RACER, A SUPERIOR ATHLETE much better than the rest when compared to the mainstream/regular athletes we see everyday. 

- ME, REGULAR? NEVER. I have way too many unique characteristics for any sports anchor, to ever cover our races and call anyone of us, simply regular.

MY MERE PRESENCE on the grid BRINGS OUT THE BEST IN OTHERS. As most stand by and watch us fly with a smile on their faces, very similar to the ones we wear in our helmets. WE MAKE YOU WISH YOU KNEW HOW TO DO IT LIKE US. 

- I AM A MOTORCYCLE ROAD RACER, ONE WHO COMMITS turns, curves, obstacles, there is no turning back once we are in it. We are the truest in living out the phrase "GO HARD OR GO HOME" most of us go home when the races are over, some battered some bruised but guaranteed to be SMILING ALL THROUGH IT.

 I AM A MOTORCYCLE ROAD RACER COMPOSED OF EVERYTHING GREATER THAN ME, RISK, LIMITS, FORCES AND SHEAR WILL. 

THE THOUGHT'S OF A MOTORCYCLE ROAD RACER on the ROAD TO DAYTONA 2017...
"IT IS MY DESTINY TO BE GREAT" 
and to have fun while doing it. I'll see you going SIDEWAYZ my friend. 
xoxoxo - SJ #24

Image may contain: one or more people and motorcycle
DON'T FORGET TO HAVE FUN! 
* SMILE REALLY BIG IN YOUR HELMET 😁 WHEN RACING! 
...and always L👀K for the people w/the camera.

My FUN photo! 🚴💨Captured by none other than the amazing photography team 

No comments:

Post a Comment